I’ve got a good feeling about this year. Last year was all about understanding the market for a few opportunities, understanding myself and putting technology, contacts and strategies in place to make 2008 the year it all happens.
This year I will:
- Sign up 10 providers of Australian fashion products or content to http://www.donttell.com.au
- Push a second opportunity as far as it will go
- Complete the first year of a degree in a business related area
Whilst it’s not in my goals I’m also going to keep my eyes and ears open for new opportunities.
On January 1, 2009 I want to look back and tick at least two of these off.
I am committed.
About a year ago, I was looking at an idea I had for a partner/reseller model for the product I work on (Process MeNtOR) at my day-job. I jumped the gun and didn’t approach the idea properly.
I skipped looking at what each party gained from the idea. I skipped quantifying and researching the idea based on those hot buttons. I skipped putting together a plan to take the idea to the next level (in this case it would have been a trial with one partner).
This all lead to a lot of “yeah that’s great idea Scott” and not the idea not really going anywhere.
Now a year later, there are a few ideas and opportunities on my plate and I’m determined to approach these ideas properly.
With these ideas,
- I’m looking at what each party gains. “What’s in it for them?”
- I’m doing the research, I’m gathering facts, figures, comparisons, you name it
Once the research starts to take shape I’ll begin developing a realistic plan for moving the idea forward.