Last night at Mobile Monday Sydney Todd Graham gave a great presentation on mobile advertising that reconfirmed many of the views that infome is based on. Todd Graham is the CEO of M-Vouch a coupon advertising network available on 3 mobile.
Here is what Todd had to say:
- Mobile advertising must be free to the consumer. There is so much that the consumer can do for free that there just isn’t anything in it to make the consumer. Ask yourself, why would they pay to receive advertising when they can receive it for free?
- It must be easy for the consumer. Keep mobile advertising simple.
- You can’t spam or push to the consumer. Carriers have a wealth of information on their customers but they CAN’T push messages to them because the customer will just consider it spam. It must be opt-in. Additionally, Todd used the example of inserting an ad for Starbucks above someone’s messages on Facebook. This type of ad is more likely to annoy someone than get them to buy a coffee.
- High ROI is a must for mobile advertising. Based on Todd’s conversations with advertising executives, marketers and brands need to see a high ROI for mobile advertising. Having a background in television Todd considers mobile a much more effective form on advertising than television. This is probably because mobile is a new medium, so people are hesitant and want to be sure they will see strong results.
- Incorrectly target your mobile advertising and you’ve just lost a customer.
- 25-35 is the most responsive age group to M-Vouch campaigns.
- MAKE SURE ITS RELEVANT. M-Vouch ensures it is relevant to what the customer wants by being opt-in and being able to base the vouchers on location and category of what the individual is after. You’ve got to make sure your advertising is relevant.
Todd’s product looks great in action. He and his team gave us all a live demo where we could all text in and receive a free beer voucher to collect then and there.
I’m really excited to see where it goes.
Note: The bold points are the points/facts that Todd made/stated. The text that follows maybe my intepretation or spin on what he said just because I can’t remember his exact wording from last night!
Share this Post